Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What Is Your Idol?

Yes, I am still a little perturbed that the NFL hasn't settled yet, but should I be?  I read the following post this morning on Power to Change Blog

What Is Your Idol?
Written by John Grant


“Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.” 1 Corinthians 10:14
It is a word we hear often … in athletics, entertainment and there is even a television show dedicated to it. I refer to the word “idol.” The dictionary defines it as an image used as an object of worship, a false god, or one that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
Any object that becomes a focus of our lives can become our idol. Some things we may think are spiritually neutral really are not. Even things morally neutral, like our career, a sport or any passion other than for God can be our idol. Anything can become demonic when it gains first place in our life.  (read the full article)

________________________________________

Man Up Men! Live Christlike!
Walter
Email me!

No comments: