Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not Returning... 1 Peter 3:7-9

I've  been reading "the Christian Husband" by Bob Lepine.  I was reading this morning and came across 1 Peter 3:7-9. 
7 aYou husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with 1bsomeone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
8 1To sum up, aall of you be harmonious, sympathetic, bbrotherly, ckindhearted, and dhumble in spirit;
9 anot returning evil for evil or binsult for insult, but 1giving a cblessing instead; for dyou were called for the very purpose that you might einherit a blessing.

I have read this at least 20 times before but for some reason this morning it just jumped off the page at me.  Look at vs 9.  Not returning evil for evil, insult for insult but give blessings.  Why didn't I ever see that before.  I know for a fact that I've gotten caught up in "discussions" with my wife and I did not flood her with blessings.  I was doing more of the chucking insult/blame grenades.  I need to keep this in mind the next time.


After I finish the book I will post a full review of it.

________________________________________

Man Up Men! Live Christlike!
Walter
Email me!

No comments: